Delhi again as Member, Adjudicating Authority, Prevention of Money Laundering

31 May,2009.It was a scorching aftternoon.After my lucnch at home, I hardly got into my chamber,when my Technical Assistant Dr.B.Rajesh showed me a circular from the Dept.of Revenue,Ministry of Finance calling for application for the post of Member(Administration),Adjudicating Authority. As usual, Government circulars calling for nominations/applications invariably land on the last day so that only chosen few get to apply for. I faxed an application duly filled in and called up the Department of Revenue to ascertain whether my application had reached the concerned. Once I got the answer in the affirmative, I switched of my mind about the application and carried on with my routine.

In early July, I was surprised to get a call for the interview at the Department of Revenue on 8July,2009. I appeared before the board chaired by the Secretary to Govt. of India, Ministry of Finanace and forgot about the whole thing. On November,11,2009 I got fax communication that I had been selected and that I should confirm or otherwise of my willingness to join ans Member. I communicated my willingness by a return fax on the same same day. On 12,November, I got a fax communication offering appoint but stipulating that I should take Voluntary Retirement from ServiceThe Board consisted of gto


Leave a Reply